NTS-5000 is Rubidium holdover class network appliance. It delivers Time of a Day (ToD) and Frequency ref. using NTP, PTP, IRIG-B protocols. It stabilizes the frequency of end-device clock using SyncE*, PTP, 10 MHz signals.The std configuration incl. LAN1-2 100/10Mbps upgradable to 1GbE or 10GbE each. Another 8x 1GbE grouped in paris of LAN3-4/5-6/7-8/9-10 are available optional. The 8x 1GbE are special interfaces. They are located in isolated EXPANDERS 1-4* Network Interface Cards (NIC) supporting PHY hardware timestamping with profiles. Built-in oscillators Rubidium or OCXO ensures holdover when missing GNSS signals.
NTS-5000 appoints the 21st century paradigm of cybersecurity
Comparing to other products available today, the NTS-5000 is the only device on a market today supporting in standard configuration GNSS anti-jamming/anti-spoofing. When GNSS JAMMING/SPOOFING attacks are pending, the smart NTS-antenna sends special alarm message directly down to time server ANT1(2) input. It lets time server NTS-5000 switch early enough to internal holdover clocks (Rubidium/OCXO) and refusing false data from GNSS. Once JAMMIG/SPOOFING attack is ended the NTS-5000 switches back to normal GNSS synchronization.
There are more advanced functional devices available supporting NTS-5000 including:
- Anti-jamming/spoofing FILTER;
- TIME Fire Wall device with ANT output GNSS simulation NMEA183 satellite signal.
- The NTS-5000 advantage is that it supports private PTP-stack and exclusive FPGA for each EXPANDER1-4 Network Interface Card (NIC) individually. It makes each 1-4 EXPANDERS acting autonomous GRANDMASTER 100% information isolated from each other. The internal synchronization is supported by analog signal PPS/ToD and there is no TCP/IP communication between EXPANDERS. Such seemingly ordinary feature is not obvious, but it is the critical factor for ensuring cyber security to Industry 4.0 TSN
- Why hackers cannot succeed? The typical PTP/NTP network appliance has single FPGA/ASIC chip sharing PTP-stack to all network LAN interfaces. The NTS-5000 uses private FPGA per NIC. The autonomous NIC concept ensures hackers cannot break into NTS-5000 taking any control over it. Hackers also cannot move between network cards supported by different EXPANDERS. Private FPGA and PTP-stack let a single NTS server synchronize several different IT/IoT infrastructures simultaneously. This is the only device on a market that let set different PTP profiles for each EXPANDER 1-4: DATACOM (Default profile, HA*) TELECOM ITU-T G.8275.1 Frequency only TELECOM ITU-T G.8275.2 Time & Freq POWER IEEE C37.238 / IEC 61850-9-3
Best NTP/PTP performance
Private FPGA and PTP-stack let a single NTS server synchronize several different IT/IoT infrastructures simultaneously. This is the only device on a market that let set different PTP profiles for each EXPANDER 1-4:
- DATACOM (Default profile, HA*)
- TELECOM ITU-T G.8275.1 Frequency only
- TELECOM ITU-T G.8275.2 Time & Freq
- POWER IEEE C37.238 / IEC 61850-9-3
Performance Confirmed by Professional Metrology Market (NMI)
The autonomous EXPANDER grandmaster technology improves sync performance too. The 2017 NPL MiFID II tests for London Stock Exchange confirmed TDEV on level of 50ns for 50km dark fiber. This test results were released public during ION/PTTI US conference in Monterey CA. Using White Rabbit IEEE1588:2019 accuracy is below 1ns.
OSC Holdover vs. Low-Noise TCXO CHIP clocking
The std. NTS-5000 is equipped with Rubidium or OCXO holdover oscillator ensuring UTC stability when missing GNSS signals. Extra ordinary LOW-NOISE TCXO clocking for all CHIPS is available from ELPROMA too. It replaces std. QUARTZ clock by TCXO The LOW-NOISE has deep impact on NTP/PTP accuracy, precision and stability too.
Standard GNSS Receiver and Antenna
Std product includes smart NTS-antenna (pcs. 1). Optionally 2x smart NTS-antennas are supported. Server antenna input PPS accuracy better than 5ns. Final accuracy depends on selected GNSS receiver. The multi-path mitigation* GNSS-rcv is available. The anti-jamming/spoofing is available as option* Supported single band L1 GNSS systems are: GPS L1 (1575,42MHz) GLONASS L1 (1598,06-1605,38MHz) GALILEO* E1 (1575,42MHz) BEIDOU* L1 (1561,09-1575,42MHz) Dual band frequency options: L1+L2 or L1+L5 The replaceable GNSS modules is extra pay service.