Encryption Key Management for AWS – The Definitive Guide
Once an organization decides to encrypt their sensitive data, getting encryption key management right can be a significant hurdle. As encryption key management options for AWS users grow, there are a few ways to distinguish a key management solution that meets industry standards and one that restricts your key management choices, creates cloud lock-in, and restricts your use of industry key management interfaces like KMIP.
This eBook discusses:
- Clearing the confusion: KMS vs KMS
- Who owns encryption keys in AWS
- PCI and NIST Cloud Guidance
- Integrating with databases and applications
- Availability zones/high availability/hybrid deployments